Profile, report and connect the scholarly activities and accomplishments of your institution.
Read on to see how Research In View helps faculty, research managers, and administrators communicate and report on scholarly activity, outcomes, and strengths.
The Profile area is a CV-structured user interface that provides search features and tools, allowing faculty to maintain and control their own profile information. Faculty and managers can search and view profiles, with visibility levels determined by the profile owner. Features include:
- University data sources are used to define the list of active faculty and staff
- Each profile is assigned a ResearcherID unique ID
- Publication data can be easily displayed in the ResearcherID interface.
- Automated alerts for new articles, grants, and patents matched to profile
- Tools to verify and add data to profile
- Privacy settings to regulate sharing of profile data
- Data export to formatted reports including CV and biosketch; data also may be used to maintain Web sites
FACULTY PROFILE VIEW – PUBLISHED WORKS
The example below is a view of the Faculty Profile data entry page, to demonstrate the cross-campus depth and breadth of the system for support of faculty and management. Shown is the Published Works data category, which is further separated into books, journals articles, conference proceedings, reference works, legal proceedings, and general press articles. Additional profile categories include Biographical Information, Teaching, Funding Information and more.
- A “Google-like” search function
- An additional field-based search interface supports advanced search by research category or organizational structure
- Ability to search and view other faculty profiles
- Search is role-based, so that private profile data is available only to the individual and the university administration
- Advanced search tool for faculty, administrators, and members of the public
- Profile data are made available to ResearcherID (subject to approval by profile owner) and may be viewed and searched in this global collaboration system.
The interface provides search facilities and tools to create groups and will allow administrators to visualize information using sortable lists, graphs, and maps.
- Activity Report
- Comparison Report
- Group Report
- Faculty Overview
REPORTS VIEW – ADMINISTRATIVE DASHBOARD
The dashboard view is fully customizable and is ideal for the manager needing a high level summary view of a school, department, or individual.
REPORTS VIEW – ACTIVITY REPORTS
Activity Reports are available for each of the over 60 activity types collected in the research management system. Easily select activity type and report time frame, view, and export to Word, Excel, or PDF for presentations or sharing with colleagues.